Traumatic Injuries in Children
This course offers ways to identify common causes of tramatic injuries in children, and steps to stabilize the chile in the field and emergency department. It addresses the care of children with traumatic injuries, including child abuse, and the importance of rehabilitation.
By the completion of the course, the participant should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the incidence of traumatic injuries to children in the United States.
- Identify the common causes of traumatic injuries to children.
- Identify the steps to stabilization of the child while in the field and in the Emergency department.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Role(s) of the nurse as a member of the trauma team.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the emotional needs of the child and the family during and following the crisis of traumatic injury.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the care of children who have the following traumatic injuries:
Head and Neuro
- Identify the appropriate approaches for the child in pain.
- Identify the signs of shock in the child.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the indicators of child abuse.
- Describe the importance of referral for rehabilitation.
30.00 Contact Hours ; Price: US$ 84.95
To continue with course, click below.