An examination of Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia included in this course are the psychological and sociolgoical precipitants of thse disorders, the meidcal complications, and criteria for hospitalization. The assessment interview and the nurse's role are examined, alng with the expected outcomes of treatment.
At the end of course, each participant will be able to:
- Define anorexia nervosa and bulimia.
- Identify the sociological precipitants of eating disorders.
- Identify the psychological precipitants of eating disorders.
- Describe characteristic behaviors of both anorexics and bulimics.
- List the medical complications for both anorexia nervosa and bulimia.
- Discuss elements of the assessment interview.
- Describe elements of treatment for eating disorders.
- List the criteria for hospitalization of an eating disorder patient.
- Describe the nurse’s role in the clinical management of the eating disorder patient.
- Discuss outcomes of treatment for eating disorders.
15.00 Contact Hours ; Price: US$ 59.00
To continue with course, click below.